The following is a summary of our services and the benefits of using your placenta for supporting your health both physically and mentally. Please take a moment to read through the information and let us know if you have any questions that we can answer. Thank you for becoming informed !!
By Christie Cambridge SM
916-412-7140 ( contact her directly please)
General family Basic encapsulation $ 300
( includes approximatly 100 + capsules depending on placenta, placenta tincture, cord keepsake. pick up and delivery within 20 miles, initial contact for services) There is an additional $100 for Twin placentas.
A deposit of $100 prenatal is expected with the balance upon delivery of prepared placenta.
Client of One Heart Midwifery Care Fee $225
( includes approximately 100 + capsules depending on placenta size, placenta tincture, cord keepsake if desired )
Placenta Prints: Available for an additional fee of $25 for paper or $50 for canvas. Choices of colors.
A Cash only $100 deposit prenatally is expected with the balance upon deliver of prepared placenta.
We are pleased to offer our services to provide you with your placenta as a dried food that is ground and encapsulated for you to use.
Our services include:
* 1 Prenatal visit to discuss your pregnancy health, your wishes for your placenta and plans for birth.
* Pick up and delivery of the placenta. ( Extra fee charged if over 20 miles from our office)
* Encapsulation Processing, Placenta Tincture included.
* Instructions for dosage, when to use and when not.
Some of the ways to use your capsules are:
*Taking them daily for general nutritional support, milk enhancement, mood stabilizer, energy and iron
*Using a tincture made from the raw or dried powder. This is useful for you and your baby and will keep for many years to use as needed. It can be made into homeopathics as well.
* Making salves for rashes or skin care.
Consuming your placenta post partum has abounding
benefits for the mother and baby.
Some of the amazing things it can help with are:
* Lessening the risk of post partum bleeding and reducing the length of time for bleeding to finish.
* Providing the hormones HUMAN PLACENTAL LACTOGEN and PROLACTIN to assist with your milk coming in sooner and maintaining a healthy supply throughout your nursing relationship.
* Replenishing iron lost from birth and preventing post-birth anemia. Low iron levels and hormonal re-regulating can lead to symptoms of depression.
* Balancing out your hormone levels until the body is able to regulate on its own.
* Providing natural pain relief from the labor and birthing process
* The placenta helps your uterus return to pre-pregnancy size.
* Lending you a constant flow of oxytocin ( the bonding and euphoric hormone), for smoother moods and happier healing.
* Replenishing your B-vitamins and offering your body protein for energy
* Protection from infection due to retained placenta or bacteria in the uterus
*IRON: The placenta postpartum is rich in iron. It is estimated that up to 50% of US citizens have some form of low iron or anemia. Replenishing so much blood, rich in iron after birth is a large task to take on. Having low iron often results in lower hormone levels, fatigue, lack of concentration and depressive symptoms. In studies, women with postpartum depression given iron supplements improved greatly.
*LACTATION: In a study where women were given placenta to consume, 86% reported increased milk production within 4 days. Research is still being done to completely narrow down exactly which hormones react with human milk supply to give it a boost. Mothers who have experienced Toxemia or pre-eclampsia during pregnancy may find that their milk is slow to come in. Consuming placenta directly after birth has shown in many cases to help this.
*HORMONE STABILIZATION: Hormonal Fluctuations looked at in direct research with postpartum depression has shown that the placenta contains hormones to assist in treating and preventing this disorder. During the pregnancy the placenta produces stress-fighting hormones. Once the placenta is no longer present, it can take months for the brain and body to level out the hormones. During this time, the mother is reintroducing these vital hormones to her body, until her brain signals its own production and can level it out on it’s own.
*PAIN RELIEF: Research has shown that ingesting placenta increases the effectiveness of opioids. The mother would need to take much less pain medication to reach the same desired pain management. The woman would experience less pharmalogical side effects and better maternal responsiveness.
“The most general benefit of placentophaga according to recent research is that placenta and amniotic fluid contain a molecule( POEF, placental –opioid-enhancing Factor) that modifies the activity of endogenous opioids in such a way that produces an enhancement of natural reduction in pain that occurs hourly after and during delivery.”
*Women that have suffered from High blood pressure, swelling and protein in the urine find that consuming their placenta postpartum soothes her kidneys and helps to resolve these symptoms more quickly than if it was left untreated.
Hormones known to be in the placenta:
· Oxytocin – The feel good or love hormone, Creates a feeling of bonding, pain relief, happiness and elation.
· Cortisone – This hormone unlocks energy stored in the body and combats stress (cortisol)
· Interferon - this hormone stimulates the immune system to fight off infections while the mother is healing from birth.
· Prostaglandins - acts as an anti-inflammatory.
· Hemoglobin - Replenishes iron, stimulates iron production in blood
· Unrokinases inhibiting factor and factor X111 lessens bleeding and promotes faster healing
· Prolactin - Stimulates healthy mammary function and milk production.
Your placenta is perfectly made for you, by you and your baby.
It is an amazing organ created to nourish baby in the womb and then the mother postpartum.
We would like to thank Full Circle Encapsulation Certification with Amanda Johnson for her excellent training and all the resources that have been given to us.